Friday, June 29, 2007

internet dating

So last night I pulled double duty on the internet dating front. First, I went to play basketball with my boys at this court, where I invited the “6’3”, 225 pound” former quarterback to meet me. He was probably 5’11 ½ and, indeed, 225 pounds. Needless to say, I was not impressed by his constant trash-talking, lack of real conversation, and terrible shot.

I get home from playing basketball and have an email waiting for me from another internet responder to my embarrassing craigslist post, only this guy, who we will call backwardshat, is like 4 times hotter than the other one in his picture, which means that in real life he should only be half as bad as the basketball player. He says he’s headed to a bar to grab a drink and if I wanna come meet him, here’s what he’s wearing.

I call up my oldest friend, ask if she’s up for an adventure, and we’re off. At the bar, we sit and talk with this new fella for probably an hour or so, and while pretty much every single one of his stories revolves around drinking, the boy is HOT! His picture did not disappoint… for how much bballboy disappointed, backwardshat totally made up for it. So we *might* go out tonight. We’ll see.

Another weekend, another set of adventures…

No comments: