Thursday, June 7, 2007

My Mom Messages R. on Myspace

This whole spectacle is somehow really funny yet really weird at the same time... my mom's birthday is tomorrow night, and if you will remember, my mom and R. are friends on myspace. They go so far as to call each other BFF--jokingly, of course.

So my mom calls me last night and says, "I'm inviting R. to my birthday party! It's going to be your aunt and uncle, me and dad, and you and R.!"

"Great, a double date with my parents."

"No, your aunt and uncle will be there too!" she says, a bit tongue-in-cheek. I say fine, but she has to invite him, no way I'm inviting a man I'm dating-but-we-don't-know-to-what-extent to couples dinner with the fam for my mom's birthday. She says fine.

So I'm at work today when I get an absolutely delighted text message from R. saying that his BFF invited him out tomorrow night and he's so excited! Cute. The disturbing part is the realization that you could say that my mom actually invited my ??dating partner?? on a date--for me. Awesome.

Good thing I like my fam. And it's a REAL good thing R. likes me.

No comments: