Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I am in it

I'm in it. I'm committing. I'm with R.

I offered to spectate last night.

If you know me at all, you know that I do not spectate. I would rather play than watch. Sure, I love watching the NBA Finals and college football, but that's mainly because I can't play in games in either of those sports (although I am a pretty good receiver...). But last night, I offered to go watch R.'s soccer game. I didn't end up going, but I still offered, and he still thought it was really sweet, and it was all couple-y.

I mean, I've watched other people's sports before. Like I used to go to THE EX's softball games. But we were together, and it was my duty. So by offering to go spectate, which was actually something I WANTED to do, I was claiming it as my duty, thereby proclaiming myself as... well, you know.

Now, I know this is only in my head, and it doesn't make anything different between us as far as "definitions" go. It's not like I've told him that spectating, or the offering of, is a definitive sign, I just think it is in the course of my understanding of relationships. So that's why I declare "I am in it" now.

I am. I am in it. And I'm going to happy hour with another guy on Friday. But he's just a friend.

No comments: