Monday, June 18, 2007

Maxin' and Relaxin'

I'm maxin' my understanding and relaxin' my self. And I am a HUGE cheeseball. Sorry.

So I chilled the f&*^ out and had a fantastic solo weekend. Friday consisted of happy hour with a good old friend, a little harmless flirtin' with the Val Kilmer look-alike next to us, and dinner with my dad. Then I walked to the Blockbuster, which made me happy, since most things aren't close enough to my house to walk. Saturday I got to work out, then took my dog for an off-leash adventure hiking Turkey Creek, which turned out awesome, except when my dog ran through cactus. Bummer. Nightime was simply dinner and a movie. Sunday, cleaned and played volleyball, then baked low fat, low-sugar cupcakes (glorious! I am a kitchen genius!) for dessert after Father's Day dinner at Outback... mmmm, delicious. I even pretended to pay, using my dad's credit card. Awesome.

Last night R. and I chatted on the phone finally, and it seemed like everything was normal. Do normal people who go out of town not talk and only text message? Probably with stubborn girls like me who refuse to do the calling, that is the norm. Dang it! One of my neighbors was talking about his new girlfriend, who he absolutely adores. She was out of town this weekend and he casually mentioned that they'd been talking on the phone every night as, "she calls me every night." So then I wondered if I was failing as a girl, because they are IN A RELATIONSHIP and she still calls every night and he loves it...

... but I don't wanna call every night. I'm okay with the random text message. I'm independent, remember?! Haha. I am in an odd mood, sorry, if anyone reads this, that it is so here-there-and-everywhere. :-)

No comments: