Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Gym hottie needs a nickname

Until I find out his actual name, the hot guy at my gym needs a nickname. McDreamy is already taken (and cheesy as hell), so what will I use? There aren't any puns with Gym other than the name Jim and everything else I think of is cheesy: Mr. Lifter, Hottie McLifterson, Weightroom Wonder... I mean, come on! These are godawful, but I can't think of anything. So I will continue to refer to him as the hot guy at my gym. Or maybe as thehotguyatmygym.

In any case, last night I was at the gym, doing my bicep curls when I suddenly realized that there he was--thehotguyatmygym. I needed to pair my bicep curls with tricep extensions and there he freakin' was, doing tricep extensions on a bench close to me. The only other available bench was directly in front of him. Are you kidding me?! So I did what any weightlifter would do... went right on ahead and laid down on my bench, did my tricep extensions, and went on like it was no big deal. In the middle of bicep curl #22 (of 24, so I'm struggling a bit here), I catch him looking at me in the mirror... great, as I'm grunting and struggling with my manly weight. Fabulous.

I head off to another part of the gym (have to seem like I don't care that he's there) and then come back when the machine I want is taken. I go to the weight rack, but he's using it as his own personal workout area, despite the fact that his (great) body is blocking anyone from access the 15-20lb weights. I smile at him and ask sweetly-sarcastically, "Did you wanna use the whole weight rack?" He takes a headphone out of an ear to hear me, so I repeat my (bad) joke and he laughs. YAY! Meanwhile, I notice that all 5'9" of me barely reaches his shoulder. Nice.

So I take my weights and go away, and we don't talk again. Baby steps. I don't like talking during my workouts either, I had just forgotten my headphones. :-) Progress is progress!

Speaking of progress, I talked to one of my craigslist suitors on IM last night (ps haven't IMed in at least 6 months), turns out he's three years younger than me... doubtful about that one. I think this is why people internet date though, because if you don't like someone anymore, you don't have to face the consequences, you can just delete them or stop responding...

Anyway, not at all worried about the me and R. breakup... happy!

No comments: