Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Raining, pouring, no one is snoring...

So once before I mentioned that old saying, when it rains, it pours. Well the showers had held off for a little while, but the clouds rolled back in and it is once again raining men.

...Men from my past, that is. The ex I once had to take to the hospital for a drug overdose sent me a little note today wondering how I was doing. The ex that was my ex twice--or is it thrice?--sent me a little note today wondering how I've been. Literally, that was the note. "How have u been?"

The thing about my big talker is that this happens at the beginning of EVERY SUMMER. We met about seven summers ago, five went by without us talking, and then two summers ago he sent me a similarly cryptic message that led to us dating. I, of course, was dating two other guys simultaneously, so when we drifted apart and he stopped calling, I didn't really care. I let it go without a fight.

A year went by, so at the beginning of last summer, he called again. I went to see him (he lives about an hour away from me). This time he apologized for the previous summer and couldn't believe that I could be so forgiving of his disappearing act. I made this mistake of admitting that I was dating others, so it didn't really bother me. This revelation, however, apparently bothered him, and we never spoke again. I put up a mini-fight this time, leaving him ONE message that said something along the lines of, I can't believe we're doing this again, the not-calling without reason why. But no response, and I was moving out to L.A., so again, I didn't really care.

You might think I don't really care about the guy, but I do. I adore him. He's silly and strong and smart and shy and southern, all sorts of things I love. We've just never been on the same page, not even when we met so long ago.

... so it's funny that we're going for summer #3. Only, this time I have a ... oh man, I almost said it. I think it's true. But I can't say it first, not even to my blog and my reader(s?!)... anyway, this time I am not single single single, like I have been the other two times. This could be interesting. Or I could never hear from him again... which could be interesting too.

R. has been keeping in touch with me from Atlanta, which is fun, but more fun is getting the 2 am drunk text message that says he misses me. That's legit. :-)

No comments: