Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Sharing the wealth

Last night I had a volleyball game, and it sucked because my team was being divisive. Mr. Everything's best friend and I were trying to play real volleyball, while the other guy was just trying to hit it over from everywhere on the court. Ugh! But the bigger thing is the fact that Mr. Everything was there... not that I was looking... but I did catch him looking over at my court once--which, of course, is also the court of his best friend, so that doesn't MEAN anything.

But then after the game he came over to us and said something to his best friend, then said hey to me and gave me a HUGE side hug... I mean, this was a super affectionate side hug. Then he hugged his best friend's fiancee--just to make it natural and all. Later he revealed that he had indeed been drinking (as our volleyball league is what is known as a "beer league") so that could explain the exuberance. But he was disappointed I wasn't going to the bar after the game, and frankly, so was I. Which put me in a terrible mood the rest of the evening.

Which brings me to my point, my frustration with being interested in this random person I do not know when I have a wonderful man in my life. We're going on a date tonight. :-D And I think the interest in Mr. Everything is just because I like the chase and all, but I wish I had a good friend to set him up with... I wish I had friends that liked the guys I meet, because I meet a lot and need to be sharing the wealth. Speaking of, my roommate was complaining that she doesn't meet men like our other friend and I do and I felt sort of bad, but at the same time, she doesn't go out with new people! I am super busy because I am running around meeting new people playing sports and going out with other friends or new friends or whoever. I wish some of that would rub off on her. And I wish some of her staying home would rub off on me!

No comments: