Monday, July 16, 2007

Dinner, Houston, and Expired Multivitamins

The Founder made me dinner, and it was awesome. I didn't really pack, I just sat and talked to him while he cooked. He brought a HUGE bottle of wine, but being mostly sick I sipped on one glass forever... he drank a fair share of the bottle. We sat down to watch Top Gun with our marinated chicken, Mediterranean veggie salad and mashed sweet potatoes... dee-licious! He's good.

Of course, food quickly led to making out (with a pause wherein I asked him if he was sure he wanted to make out, because I was sick, and he replied that he took a multivitamin) which led to us in my bedroom... which I certainly didn't mind but found a bit odd considering he'd been the one to say he wanted to take things slowly--in the morning I saw how much of the wine was gone from the bottle, and decided that probably had something to do with it.

I asked him to stay over, and he did, and we snuggled up to sleep (yes! R. was not a snuggler), but not before he made me get another pillow to aid the drainage in my throat and insisted on getting my dog's bed, setting the thermostat, and checking all the doors--my before-bed tasks. Super cute that he wanted to take care of me.

He took out my trash in the morning.

And I took off for Houston, for a Saturday conference for work, and hated every minute of it, and hung out with my Houston friends (where I went to school, so there are plenty) and texted with The Founder all weekend long. He got sick! Haha. Expired multivitamin?

And now here we are, manic Monday. It's been crazy at work and I want to take The Founder chicken soup, but I don't really have time to do it... does that mean I feel like I don't have time for him--he's not a priority? Or does it just mean that I'm busy as hell and if he wants to be in my life, he'll come to me? Hopefully the latter. I like The Founder.

No comments: