Friday, July 27, 2007

Coming clean

Finally, it's Friday! I'm feeling less sick, so that's good, and I got two of the issues off my chest last night with The Founder. Sweet thing brought over food for me and watched Dazed and Confused and then slept over, all with my sniffly self. We're laying in bed and I finally just sucked it up: "Can I tell you about two things?"

So I go into R. first, and tell him that we used to date and are very good friends and I just wanted him to know in case anything came up. He asked if it was awkward between me and R. and I said 'not at all, but I mean, I haven't had this conversation with him, and I don't think he knows, so I have to tell him,' and that was sort of awkward between me and The Founder. I also told him the whole story behind my best friend dying, and he said the most perfect thing anyone could say: "I don't know how to help you, but I want to be there for you and do whatever I can when you feel bad."

I almost cried. It's so totally opposite of the reaction the kid I was dating had way back when, and it's so opposite the reaction anyone has had... normally when they don't know what to do, they do nothing (ahem, my alleged best girl friend who didn't talk to me for three weeks), not address the fact that they don't know what to do... amazing. That boy/man is just ridiculously amazing.

Tomorrow should be an epic day... possibly floating the river, being his date to a party, and then seeing the Spazmatics out at a bar. Fun!

A side note, I got a wax yesterday and was hoping to put it to use last night, but NADA. Damn. Stupid sickness.

No comments: