Thursday, July 12, 2007

Gossip + Running = Awesome

I've been sick recently, probably more a result of exhaustion and the beach trip than any allergens in the air. I got in bed at 8:45 last night and though it took me awhile to fall asleep, I was asleep by 10:00, so that was nice. I wanted to go to bed when I got home at 5:30 but someone was having a pool party at my complex that rendered my attempts at sleeping completely pointless. So I went to run club.

It wasn't necessarily the best choice, as I felt okay during the run (mainly because we stopped to walk) but afterward felt weird. During the run though, I ran with my girl friend S. and my normal running buddy, and we all gossiped about last week and this week and The Founder and everything, so that was lots of fun (if a tad awkward because my running buddy is neighbors with R. and didn't know that was over). They slowed down to hang out with me, which made me feel loved.

The Founder is coming over to make me dinner tonight, which is precious. I mean, who asks, "can I make you dinner?" And then offers to make it at my house so that I can pack? Last night we were supposed to go see Top Gun in the park, but didn't because I didn't feel well... so he says, "Don't worry, we'll put it on while I'm cooking!" Simply freakin' amazing. Where on earth did this dude come from??? And why does he like me?!

Another friend of mine posted an ad on craigslist (at my urging) and is meeting a guy for coffee tonight. The Founder and I are on rescue alert, and I think we both sorta hope we'll need to rescue her just so that we can use codenames... teehee.

No comments: