Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Moving + "Differences"

I was so busy at work yesterday I forgot I even have a blog! Funny. Anyway, this weekend we moved in my new roommate, and by we I mean the roomie, The Founder--of his own volition, nonetheless--and me. He was amazing, a super good sport, stayed forever, my mom brought over dinner and we all hung out, and then when I thanked him profusely he simply said, "I was more than compensated. I got to hang out with you and eat an awesome dinner."

We went to an all-gay party that night, and it was really fun, definitely a different experience. The bartender thought The Founder was hot, so he said to him, "If that's your girlfriend, she's a lucky girl." Luckily, neither of us reacted, so we didn't have to DTR before it's time.

I adore him, and we probably are in a relationship, but I LOVE the fact that we don't have to define it. Last night we were out with his friends and my roommate, and he said to her, "One of our biggest differences is that I hate to plan and she loves to." He was being ironic, as it is actually the other way around, but I mouthed to the roomie, "we have differences?!" I don't think you get to have define-able differences unless you are certifiably together. Which, again, I suppose we are, but still!

Ohhh and we played volleyball on Sunday, and it was me, The Founder and R., plus three other of my friends. Just a smidge awkward, and I think R. figured out that something is up with me and The Founder. He hasn't returned my one phone call since. Ugh.

No comments: