Thursday, July 5, 2007

You should probably get your car blessed by a priest

Yesterday... July 4th... my party was awesome, tons of fun, all my favorite people were there, we drank everything, ate everything, and it was grand. Unfortunately, the night ended with a bang, not of fireworks but of one of my best friends being handcuffed and put in the back of a cop car, charged with a DWI despite her successful field sobriety tests. She was driving the car belonging to The Founder (you know who I mean), who had gotten a speeding ticket on the way downtown, and whose car was then impounded because none of us could drive it.

But before that, there wasn't much drama. Cali kid appears to be interested in neither me (relief) or my girl friend (sad). The random stranger I invited actually came, and continued to refer to himself as the random stranger for the rest of the evening. And when I say the rest of the evening, I do mean he hung out with us the entire day, which was the only weird part about him being there, because otherwise he was perfectly nice and very cute. But he was there til the bitter end, which was only odd because by that point the group had dwindled to five of us who are very close and him. He slept on my couch, so as not to get a DWI of his own, and left super early this morning, before I was awake. My dog barked and alerted me of his departure.

The real story, however, for the dating blog, is the romance developing betwixt me and The Founder. Lest I be known as the run club slut, my girl friend assured me that "every girl in run club would drop her pants for [The Founder]." Well, that's reassuring. At the party, there did not appear to be anything in particular going on between us. But when we went out to the bars, that all changed. There, first we were hugging and I would snuggle up to his shoulder. By the end, we were holding hands. And though it was his car, he tried to give me shotgun, when I wouldn't take it, he said, "well I wanna ride in the back with you!" and jumped in the back with me. That was super cute. There we held hands and such, until the whole DWI thing put a damper on everyone's fun.

We chatted at work all day today, and tonight we're going for a run and to the gym together. I still don't know how this is going to work out with the friend I have that liked him, and I might ask him about it. But I like him, and he's as goofy as me, which is rare, so I can't let it pass me by, ya know? Ironically, it's R.'s birthday today...

Stay tuned; tomorrow should be interesting, and then this weekend I'm headed to the beach, which two years ago was the scene of some of my more ridiculous antics, including sweet-talkin' my way into a bar without an ID and skinny dipping on the beach with a complete stranger, thereby losing my credit card...

No comments: