Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I've been thinking a lot about this personal essay I wrote last year... it was on bodies, and I never could quite nail my message down for the audience. I came across as somehow arrogant despite the fact that I was talking about how insecure I was about my own body. I think the issue is that I AM insecure, but only about ONE area: my stomach. The rest, I am proud of, and work hard for.

So I realized in the process of writing this paper last year that I only go for guys with great bodies. We're not talking average, I-work-out-sometimes bodies, we're talking huge shoulders and biceps with super-defined abs. And generally, I'll sacrifice some face attractiveness to get this kind of body, which is just generally sad. But the two most recent fellas, R. and The Founder, both have seriously awesome bodies and superbly attractive faces. Not THEHOTGUYATMYGYM faces, but given that he's one of a kind, these two are nonetheless close.

Which I really have no point to saying, except that it's interesting in the overall development of my life. Ha, speaking of interesting but neither here nor there, yesterday I was at the gym lifting before spin class. I had forgotten my headphones and was complaining about it to Josh, who you will remember is one of my fave Gold's Gym men, and he lent me his mp3 player. Aw. And seemed to be trying very hard to get me to hang out with him not at the gym, but being too wimpy to ask... probably for the best. I adore The Founder, and can't wait to see him tonight. :-)

No comments: