Tuesday, July 3, 2007

I Make Friends Easily

Last night I played my first volleyball game with my new team, a group of randoms who don't know each other. We all seem very nice and fun, so I'm excited about that. When I first walked up, toting my dog, keys, water bottle and volleyball in full hands, I caught sight of this guy, we smiled at each other, I kept walking to find my team.

Turns out, we're playing his team. We take it to three games but we end up losing, and I play pretty well, though not the best showing I've had. After the game, I'm inviting my team to come to the party I'm throwing tomorrow and calling out to them as I walk to my car, and the guy from earlier is like, you didn't invite me. I turn to him, surprised, because he looks like a shy fella, and say I don't even know his name. We meet, and I invite him to my party. I remember his email address and send him the evite later that night.

This afternoon, he rsvped yes on the evite. Hahaha. Adventures could strike tomorrow, big time.

Last night, I went out with my two best girl friends from high school, and we got DRUNK. I felt so tired all day today as a result, but that isn't the point. The point is that I called up JJ, who you might remember from before and at the beginning of dating R.--he's the L.A. kid. Turns out, I'm going to L.A. at the beginning of August, so I wanted to know if he'd be there and wanted to see him. AKA I was drunk and horny. Ooops. He called me back today and I was remarkably less excited. I mean, I adore JJ with all of the love of friends, but I don't have any desire to start something up with someone who doesn't live here.

You might be wondering, weren't you supposed to have a Monday date with Adamman? Yes, yes I was, but I canceled on him. It's par for our course, and he said he wasn't feeling good anyway. Hopefully we'll get to do it sometime soon, but knowing us, it might never happen.

So the host of Saturday's party, we'll call him GoofyD, is still emailing me... I really can't decide how I feel about it, which generally means I shouldn't do anything about it.

I'm going to the gym tonight... it's THE HOTGUYATMYGYM night! YES!! Maybe we can speak more than a few words and he will come to my party too!... or perhaps this is one of those times I should hold myself back.

No comments: