Thursday, May 17, 2007

Two polar opposite thoughts

Two polar opposite thoughts: number one, we were at Oasis today for a business lunch that involved greasy nachos and tasty margaritas. Sweet gig. But the sun started shining a little too brightly and I broke a small sweat. Our previously outrageously UNattentive waiter stopped by to see if I needed another umbrella, to which I obviously replied, yesplease! He proceeded to move the stand around to position the umbrella best for me, and then bring an umbrella out of storage just to shade me. I felt sort of like a princess, minus the palm leaf and grapes, which I don't care for much anyway.

J., who you will remember essentially spawned this blog, watched it all unfold and as he walked away, turned to our (very fun) dining companion, mildly astounded, and said, "She has this crazy affect on men!" Aw, she got to spectate. Too bad he was the slowest server alive.


Thought number two is entirely antithetical to the point of the blog: will I be settling into a relationship soon? Last night, R. came over to my friend's house after telling me he wasn't going to, and proceeded to just hang out... we weren't really doing much, sipping on some beers, chatting, watching the Spurs game... it was pretty chill. I was worried he'd be disappointed, because I had offered up washers but when we arrived no one was particularly enthused about the whole thing.

So when I got a text message from him telling me how much fun I was to hang out with, surprised doesn't really cover my reaction. I think I was more in awe of this guy, because what guy sits around while I gossip with my friends, hangs out with my dog, and texts me afterward telling me that he enjoys my company?!

R. is a stellar guy. And I haven't gotten bored yet, which is always the worry. Maybe it's because we haven't kissed yet. Maybe that's why I'm holding out...

No comments: