Friday, May 18, 2007

Oh Gold's, Reasons You Shouldn't Disco Nap, and I made a Girl Friend

Busy day yesterday! The girl trainer at Gold's and I swapped numbers yesterday and talked about going out, or at least meeting up. I solidified my new girl friendship! Those aren't easy for me to make, but now I have three of them! I'm getting so good at LIFE.

Also, none of my cadre of trainers were at Gold's yesterday, so you might think I would go one day without getting hit on. Never fear, however, someone will always come through. I'm happily ellipsing away, reading Allure, when I see this guy walk over to the ellipser area and kind of scan the whole scene. Nothing is open near me. He hops on the ellipser next to a relatively cute girl, despite the fact that there are four open next to that one, and most people get as far away from others as possible--or at least I do. Anyway, I smile and think, 'aw, how cute, he thinks she's cute.'

The woman on the ellipser next to me gets off, and lo and behold!, the guy gets off his ellipser and moves to the one next to me. In his defense, I get on this kind of ellipser because it's better, harder, and maybe he was on one of the wimpy ones. But what are the odds? He glances over at me a lot, but I act completely absorbed in Allure. Maybe he's just competitive, checking out my speed and calorie burn...

My brother played late last night, and I had all intentions of going. At 11, I climbed into bed in my clothes to wear to the show for a sweet disco nap. At 12:15, I awoke to my phone alarm, called my ride (ahem, my parents) and told them no way, no how.

Disco naps: good in theory, bad in practice.

No comments: