Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Dog-blocked and then my bad

Went to watch a movie over at R.'s last night and brought my beloved canine companion, Yukon. Yukon doesn't like men, but has taken a liking to R., so that's a good sign.

Yukon has a history of dog-blocking, the pet version of the cock-blocking phenomena when a man tried to "block" his friend from hooking up with a hot girl. When my platonic friend hopped into bed with me one night, he hadn't even gotten under the covers before she dove in between us and settled happily down to sleep. Is she being employed by my parents?! So last night she sat between us on the couch until we pushed her off so that I could rest my head on R.'s shoulder. This is a big step for us, you will remember, as we haven't even kissed yet.

So about an hour into the movie, my phone rings and I sit up to answer. Yukon immediately dives between me and R., and then, ridiculously enough, puts her head on R.'s shoulder!

Awesome. My dog blocked me and then tried to steal my man, and she doesn't even like men!

I also have to confess: I think the kiss finally could have happened, but it was my fault it didn't. My bad. I asked R. to come with me to a work party, and after some deliberation he agreed. We're standing in the parking lot after an extended hug where we stood without our arms around each other, and I start rocking side to side in a nervous--but kinda cute--way... and he can't kiss me, obviously, because my face is moving from side to side!

What a weenie. It's just that there's so much build up to this now, and I'm not worried about the kiss being bad or good, it's more about ambiance, which is admittedly quite silly. But I've never had one of those storybook kisses that wasn't in a parking lot or in a bed or in a bar or on a couch, so I want one! And poor guy, R. is having to suffer this tremendous wait for one little kiss, when my nickname used to be The Kissing Bandit!

No comments: