Tuesday, May 15, 2007

People are Amazing

So the 21 year old broke my bed the other day... and not doing what you think! He was demonstrating a fall he took wakeboarding, and the bedframe broke when he body-slammed my bed. So despite the fact that we haven't talked since last Thursday because I was completely put off by the way he reacted when I wanted him to comfort me emotionally over the loss of my best friend, he texted me today to tell me that he was buying me a bedframe.

I jokingly responded that I was happy, but he also had to set it up, to which he replied, "no problem. Just leave the key..."

Just leave the key?! HE doesn't even want to see ME?! I ask him something to this effect but slightly less needy and he says he's busy with friends back in town and is happy to do it while I'm gone. No problem.

So I don't have to take the cowardly way out and never call him again, a la Mr. Man With My Last Name who I "dated" and never heard from again earlier this year. We are somehow mutually agreeing not to see each other anymore, and he is STILL fixing my bed. Amazing.

People are truly amazing.

And this truly is a new era in my dating life-- good guys from here on out...

No comments: