Wednesday, May 9, 2007

The GG Saga Continues

You can't really complain about a free membership, can you? And what about a free personal training session... can you complain about that? Three days after the fact when I still can't straighten my arms, I would say yes, complain about your pain, but it's a good complaint. And good pain.

However, my complaint about my personal trainer himself is neither painful nor good, it's just awkward. After we finish our (my) grueling workout, he asks what I'm doing later. I talk about playing volleyball and invite him out of friendliness--he's actually a cool guy, and sports are sports and you can always use an extra player.

He doesn't want to get his clothes dirty.

Fine, that's okay, but then he asks what I'm doing after that. I mention I have Grey's Anatomy on tape and he says that's what he was planning on doing as well! And he has it in high def! I'm welcome to come over and watch with him...

Now hold on just a minute here buddy. Besides the fact that I could be paying you in the future to watch me work out (not going to happen on this editor's salary), it's just awkward to invite a girl over to watch a girly TV show--and then to add that it's in high def, like that makes Grey's that much better?!

I say I'm watching it with my mom. (I am)

But he's not done! "Well, you have my number [from his BUSINESS CARD] if you ever want to come hang out at my apartment... no one is ever around..."

Oh, so he doesn't want anyone around to see my above-average self?!

Speaking of above average guy, he called me today and left me a message, inviting me to dinner at a specific restaurant tomorrow night. Say I were going to accept (I'm not), I thought I was supposed to have say in the date? Like maybe you make a casual suggestion about the restaurant, not like you planned it out for four days in advance?

This is why I don't answer numbers I don't know on my cell. You never know what you're gonna get.

No comments: