Sunday, August 5, 2007

The things I learned in a weekend in LA

I'm in LA, and tomorrow we're headed home. It's been fun, my movie premiere was awesome and I looked glamourous, so that was all good. But I ended up really missing The Founder. RJ (my friend that lives here and often text messages me and has a girlfriend but recently told me he wished we could get together but I would never like him anyway) wanted to hang out the first night we were here, but I wasn't really into it, and I thought it was because I was so tired. But then the next night I sort of blew him off again, and I was kind of like, oh, so this is what it's like to not think about other possibilities... that boyfriend. ISH.

...of course, then I called Dick. Dick is a fella I met out here in LA when I was living here last summer. We met playing basketball and sparks flew between us, but our one planned date I had to cancel because I was working on the movie, and we never went out after that. He was very ambigious about us anyway, clearly very attracted to me but holding back for some reasons, so once I "blew him off" (FOR WORK!), he backed off. And it sort of wasn't worth it because I lived here so shortly, but at the same time, he was one of the few guys I've felt super strongly about EVER. I remember countless conversations with my parents on the phone, some tearful, one where I was outright bawling. There was just an incredible attraction between us.

Since then, he's gotten a girlfriend he professes to adore on facebook and I've only recently gotten my boyfriend. ISH. Anyway, he's absolutely gorgeous too, by the way, and his girlfriend is stereotypically perfect--ugh. However, he did text me out of the blue like three months ago about the country CDs I sent him and thanked me again... questionable. So naturally, I called him to invite him to the premiere or to the bar afterward, and he texted me back and said "In vegas with gf, hope you have fun though..." What the f do the ellipses mean? And why wouldn't you say "my gf"? Overanalyzing, I know, but this is what I do with this silly man named Dick.

Luckily, my silly man The Founder is super amazing and texted me tonight to ask if he could make me dinner when I get home tomorrow night. Seriously, WHERE DID HE COME FROM?! I'm gonna wanna crash, not eat dinner! Although I have no food at the house, so I wouldn't be eating dinner if he didn't come over regardless of whether I wanted to or not. AND it was super duper cute last night, I said something about wishing he was with me and he said, "you miss my meep face!" Hahaha, I do miss his meep face!

:-D So LA may have brought up a lot of old memories and thoughts of Dick, but it also reminded me that I'm not really interested in anyone but The Founder... I'm excited to get home and see my meep.

No comments: