Tuesday, August 7, 2007

"She gets wine AND flowers? What have you done with my roommate?"

The Founder's roommate said to him when he came over last night bearing the aforementioned flowers and wine, "what have you done with my roommate?" I said, "where did you come from?!"

I arrived an hour late at the airport, got home at 8:30 on a work night, and he still came over with a green bean casserole, ensalata caprese, and a FIVE POUND pork loin. The kid is ridiculous! And amazing. And he packed a bag last night, which was super cute in a dorky, cheesy way that only new couples think is cute. I suppose afterwhile it just becomes practical.

Speaking of couples, I continued to refer to The Founder as my boyfriend--ISH! throughout the entire weekend, but that got old. So ironically enough, I had forwarded an evite for a run The Founder planned to the ex I ran into downtown the other night, and he RSVPed yes and then sent me an email asking about LA. I wrote back with the usual "fun trip!" and then also said that I was glad he was coming to the run, "my boyfriend planned it and I helped a little."

... because if I didn't tell him I had a boyfriend, he might think I'm leading him on. But of course when I do tell him I have a boyfriend, he doesn't respond to my email. Not a good situation, but better nipped in the bud. Also notable for being the first time I refer to The Founder as my boyfriend without an ISH attached. The dude brought wine, flowers and dinner to me when I arrived home from a flight... who but a boyfriend would do that??

No comments: