Thursday, August 2, 2007

Birthday Dinner for the Roommate

So last night we went out for my roommate's birthday. She said she didn't care if I invited The Founder or not, but then she was telling me about who was coming and many of them were couples, and I didn't want her to become the only one without a date, so I told The Founder the deal and he didn't mind not coming--he doesn't like sushi anyway, and that's where we were going. By the end of the night though I was wanting him around and texted him all cute, "am I going to get to see you before I leave?" (I'm going to LA tonight for my movie premiere on Saturday) and so he suggested we meet up for lunch today.

I agreed, but I'm leaving early to catch my flight, so I explained that it had to be a short lunch. The restaurant we met at was super crowded, so we drove to another, faster one and snagged sandwiches, but by then it was too late and we had to get them to go. But he still paid! It was super cute, but I feel really bad about it. I mean, buying food that you eat together is one thing; buying food I eat alone at my desk is quite another. He's so ridiculously good to me.

I was talking to my girl friend in Houston--who knows my dating habits--and she was listening to me talk about how I have a boyfriend-ish but how I was struggling with the whole Mr. Everything thing and she said, "well, you'll know soon enough whether you want to be with him long term." I was puzzled, but then I realized that she's pretty much right. I'll know soon enough, so there's no reason to be rash and think Mr. Everything is worth giving this all up--because he's probably not.

And doesn't the fact that I wanted to kiss him all the way through "lunch," ahem, us standing in the parking lot, mean something?

No comments: