Monday, August 13, 2007

Weekend Recap: the boat, the dinner, the parents

In a weekend where we spent a lot of time together, I don't feel like I saw The Founder all that much. Everything we did was group-related, which was fun, but also hard when we don't get that much un-rushed time together in the first place.

Fridays are me time, even though he technically could have hung out this particular one... I like having Fridays for me established. Saturday we rented a boat and took three of his friends and three of my friends out on the lake. It was super fun, but I mainly hung out with the girls. Saturday night we went out to dinner with a ton of his friends who were in town (one of whom is staying with him, which comes into play in a moment), and that big of a group was just awkward, so me and the roommate split off and went to see our bartender at Prague.

The group came to join us finally, but the roomie and I were pretty drunk at that point, so we probably were not all that friendly. Our bartender treats us right... or maybe it's not so good after all to have the hookup. Anyway, The Founder wanted to come spend the night at my house, but HIS roommate (who is far less cool than mine, gay, twice our age, and mildly possessive) said that he wasn't comfortable with The Founder's friend staying without TF (sort of understandable), but also didn't want me staying over with TF's friend there (not understable).

Now, you can imagine parts of this are hazy given the shots and beers in which I partook, but I'm pretty sure I held in my resentment of his roommate pretty well while being sufficiently annoyed that he would not come home and sleep with me. There was also apparently a 20 minute phone conversation once we were in our respective homes, but I'm pretty sure that went well because all I remember is talking in soft tones about how much we wished we were together (gross! who am I?!).

Last night I invited him over for this recipe I had been wanting to try, but then found out my brother was leaving town today, so we both went over to my parents' house for dinner with the fam... also the first time he meets my dad. He told me afterward that he was really nervous. My dad loved him and said he was really sweet, my mom already knows him but was excited to hear more about his life because he talked more than he did before (because he was nervous... awww!)

So I'm kind of afraid now that The Founder is not going to like me. It's like, he takes care of me, cooks for me, comes to my house, pays for me (boat! tubing! buys me and the roomie drinks!)... what do I do for him? I don't even know what to do for him, as in, a thing, but he obviously still likes me, I'm just being insecure. Because I don't know how to be in a relationship! Ugh.

But we're hopefully hanging out tomorrow night, solo. :-)

No comments: